Friday, July 4, 2008

When I got an e-mail ..EMAIL SCAM

Very often you get a mail, that you have won a lottery and you are going to get $1 million. Send me your account no., so we can transfer the money to your account. Or

You get a mail from an arbitrary and unknown ID, A hot chick is begging for help. If you response to her, she tells you a extremely sad story in the reply to that mail. Its very obvious, you must reply with consolation. In next mail she tells you that her father was a very rich person in her country, he had deposited $3.8 million dollars in an European bank, and she has talked to bank officer, they are agreed to give me whole money, but they have a condition, they can not transfer the money in my account directly , they need a bank account no. which doesnt belong to my country. So she asks your account no. Or, she gives a contact no. and says you to contact at this no..
From last few days I was getting same kind of mail. He/She sent me some pics of a hot girl. I replied "Ohh you are soooo hot. Send me more pics. I will definitely help you".
After many replies / responses, at the end I got a mail written under huge frustration. Mail is shown below.

fromLorita Koneh koneh_lorita@yahoo.com


toranjeet vimal
dateThu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:55 AM
subjectHello Dear
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com






Hello Dear

Thank you very much

I want you to tell me if you are ready to help me

I have given to you my pictures and now , you have to give to me your pictures and let me know if you are ready to help me or not

Have a nice and lovely day

Lorita

The formula is simple: The fact that you respond to a crooked scheme is usually an indication that you are greedy and probably corrupt.
So The solutions to these kind of problems are simple:
  1. Ignore it. Delete the email and forget all about it.
  2. Report it. Find the domain name in the email-address. Inform the fraud protection team.
  3. Answer it. Have some fun as I have had, but realize that you are dealing with criminals. NEVER give them any personal details, and NEVER send them any money.

5 comments:

Rahul Dash July 4, 2008 at 6:34 AM  

You know your blog will get better readership if you post the pics of the chick who sent you that mail :D

faye July 4, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

this ir true! EMAIL SCAM!

Easiest Online July 5, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

My bulk mail is full of the email scam too.. I never want to reply this mail scam .

Anonymous,  July 7, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

I guess these mails are autogenerated. So you cant actually enjoy. Waise nice reading :)

Ranjeet Kr. Vimal July 10, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

dear ashish ..its not auto generated..i hv lots mail..i got the reply according to my mail..ok

Post a Comment