Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Scour, Get Paid for Search.


Many of my friends were keep on asking "what is scour?? whenever I open my gmail, I have an invitation to join Scour" (in Hindi "abe ye Scour kya hai, jab bhi mail check karta hoon, ek invitation pada hota hai"). Ya it seems irritating, but believe me this is all about money, money and more money.
Scour says itself "A social search engine". I dont know, why this is social. It appears to be very similar to msn when it comes to results. When you search using scour it will display the results from all the major search engines at one time but allows for the user to sort by the results of a specific search engine as well. On all the results it also displays the amount of times that specific search engine displays your website using those specific search terms. It also allows to comment on search results.

History of Scour: (From scour's blog)
Founded in 2007, Scour was originally named Aftervote.com, a search engine with an AJAX backbone with one mission: to deliver the most relevant results as efficiently as possible. Almost exactly 1 year later, Aftervote was acquired by Internext media, owner and operator of the ABCSearch Network and re-branded to Scour.com.
Features:
  1. Search (Google, Yahoo, MSN) on one page for web, image, and video.
  2. Toolbar for browser searching.
  3. Get Rewarded for 6500 points with a VISA CARD or money(25$)
Adding Toolbar in firefox:
  1. Click the Goodies link at the top of Scour home page.
  2. Click Firefox Searchbar Plugin link.
  3. A dialog box will appear. Click the Start using it right away checkbox and click "Add" button.
How can you make money:
  1. Joining - 150 points
  2. Invite friends - 250 points
  3. Searching - 1 point
  4. Every vote on search - 2 points
  5. Every comment on search - 3 points
  • Points = Money
  • 25,000 = $100
  • 12,500 = $50
  • 6,500 = $25
Is it a scam?
Well, I have no idea. I searched on google for "is Scour a scam?". I didnt get anything related to this site being a scam.
Join it and search socially. :P

PS: Better than cuil. :D :P
PPS: scour's search toolbar doesn't support firefox-3.

Comments Invited. :)


9 comments:

Anonymous,  August 13, 2008 at 6:04 AM  

hmm very intersteing way to make money..Anyway, thanks for the xlink request, sure we can why not. Just buzz me when you're done adding my 3 sites
Ester's Daily Thoughts
Concealed Mind

divya August 13, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

its an easy way to make money indeed..good info yaar

Anonymous,  August 13, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

i wanna make money using scour!!!! is it legit?

hasHAN hazaRIKA August 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

buddy u got such an information and asking me for ad's??... u are the man !!

Anonymous,  August 16, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

Thank for your recent visit. I have added Mr. Linky to the post as an alternative for those who do not backlink :D
I also publish free banner advertisement for StartXChange members.

Zombie Money September 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM  

My original cashout request was sent to Scour back in middle to late August. I still have not gotten paid yet. They sent out an update email early September saying process of payment verification takes 2-4 weeks. Based on that email in early September, my 4 weeks is coming up shortly and no response yet. Total time has been 6 weeks. My searches are all valid and I'm listed as #2 right now on top results. I will keep you updated and hopefully will get paid as I know they are busy but at least one email response would be very helpful.

Tamal Anwar September 23, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Scour updated their payment chart. Now they will pay $1 for every 50,000 scour points to people outside of US. There are other problems, you will never get a point for the same keyword ever, this sucks and I quit scour :P

Zombie Money September 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

I got paid by SCOUR today! They have been getting many request payments so they have been overloaded with requests but be patient it is a good site!

Post a Comment