Friday, September 12, 2008

Easy Ways to Increase Blog Traffic


In the last post you have seen "10 ways to make money online". Thanx to Tamal, a professional blogger, who requested me to publish his post on my blog. Thanks dude for sharing such a nice post.
So, Now I will tell you "how can you generate traffic for your blog?". I will tell you, what I learned from blogging. These things really work. Here we go.

1) Unique subject: Whenever I sit to write any post, I just keep on thinking about my world wide readers. Will my post give them, what they are looking for? If some one is spending his/her 5 minutes to read your post then your posts must have that much potential. Your content should be worthy of being read by thousands or millions of readers.

If your blog has good content then It will force the user to come again and again to your blog. At the time of deciding the topic, just think about the best thing you can give to the reader. The topic selected by you should also be of your interest, then only you can write a good post. Next thing is to narrow down your topic. Your blog should be of some specific topic. For Example: There are thousands of tech bloggers and I also wanted to be the one. Since tech is a relatively large area, I narrowed my blog topic down to internet. For example, if some one is interested in writing about "computer networking", he/she can select a particular topic from a whole lot of topics in computer networks like wireless (802.11) network or wired network or for wireless sensor network. So start thinking about the topic on which you are going to write a blog.

2) SEO: For any website the main source of traffic are search engines, mainly from google, yahoo, msn live and ask.com. Optimize your posts for search engines. Ohh, SEO is a very large concept. It will take few weeks or months to understand properly and implement. Dont worry, Just keep few things in your mind which I am going to describe below:
  • Use your primary keyword as domain name for your blog: At the time of purchasing domain name for your blog, try to ensure that the url should contain the word which you want to optimize.
  • Put primary key phrase in your blog header tags and the titles of your post:
  • Submit your blog to search engine's directories: Submit your blog to directories like mozilla directories, yahoo directory, google directory, ask directory. Directories are essential for getting high-quality links back to your blog. I have submitted my blog to all of the above directories.
3) Top blogger directories and forums: Reading forums and participating in forums will help you a lot to become a good blogger. It also generates huge traffic and back links for your blog. Here are some of the top forums. You can join any one or two forums which you like most and actively participate in discussions.
  1. Authority Blogger Forum:
  2. Blog Traffic School Forums:
  3. Bloggeries Blog Forum:
  4. Blogger Forum:
  5. Digital Point Blogging Forum:
Also join some blogger's social networks like blogcatalog and mybloglog, and create your own group there. The members of your group will be your regular readers.

4) social bookmarking and sharing: Put social bookmarks and sharing links in your every post. In blog you can find few links after each post. This link creates a high quality back links and spreads your message to millions of reader. Adding social bookmark links to your blog or web site makes it easy for readers to save and share your content. The most famous are digg.com, technorati.com and del.icio.us.

5) Surfing:
  1. shout box: Install a shout box on your blog. It will help you to communicate with other bloggers.
  2. Blog Hopping: Keep on visiting other's blog. Try to comment on top blogs. It will help you to create good quality back links for your blog and your page rank will increase.
  3. link exchange: Do not hesitate to exchange the links with other bloggers. If possible, try to exchange with only those who have higher page rank than yours. Install alexa toolbar in your firefox to find the rank of any website.
I hope these words from my experience will help you with your effort to increase traffic. Feel free to ask any questions that may arise in your brain.

Thanx for your patience :)

PS: Try to write short and impactful post. :P

15 comments:

zxara September 12, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

i like this post.. even now i always (really2 love) to bloghopping :P yea!! its now gaining a quite a good trafic then before..
BTW, thanks man for your post.. it is really2 helpful.. u as my guru .. hehe .. LoL..

hasHAN hazaRIKA September 12, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Hey Good stuff buddy !! very useful
keep posting !!

Shantharam Shenoy K September 12, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

hey really heloful this..will try to do so...thanx for the work..

Ashish Gourav September 12, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

hii..
really speaking I found your posts always filled with knowledge.I don't know that how you manage such stuffs.
You must have been a child prodigy and now a wizard

Tamal Anwar September 12, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

This was a really cool and informative article. You are doing better and getting the concept of blogging very fast. Thanks!

I stumbled this one :)

Mrs. Stevenson September 13, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

good post sir! now a lot will benefit from it. i tried to leave u a comment yesterday but my internet started to act weird. how r u?

Ms. Confuse September 17, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

thanks for this post... i have additional ideas to improve my blogging. Keep it up and more power to you.

Vinayak September 18, 2008 at 4:58 AM  

very useful to me!!!
I will give my blog in ask directory now as I have given in google,yahoo...
very informative...

Akansha Agrawal September 28, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Hi!I read the post, and would like to add my blog to the directories mentioned but I don't blog about one particular topic, and I would prefer to keep it that way coz I do blog about a bit of everything. So how do you suggest I go about it then?

Sidrah September 30, 2008 at 1:25 AM  

wow..very informative!
n btw thnxx =)

Anonymous,  October 17, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Great Tips friend!

Not yet used new Embedded Comment Box of Blogger? See mine.

CrazyTim January 7, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

how to increase my blog trafic-www.crazy2music.blogspot.com

devianty May 17, 2009 at 2:12 AM  

nice info very helpful thank you

Post a Comment